Everyone knows that the best sales teams are made up of outgoing and charismatic people just like you. You’re a natural when it comes to networking and can remember even the tiniest details about prospects long into the future—and that’s why you’ll continue to succeed while working remotely—but only if you’re willing to adapt.
When you’re used to closing deals in person at conferences, events and offices, adjusting to life as a stay-at-home sales rep can be hard. But working remotely is no reason to lower your expectations for monthly and quarterly sales goals. Instead, learn a few new strategies to outpace the competition, and before long, you’ll master the art of making huge sales without even leaving your house.
Close More Deals
“Some [employees], such as sales teams, can function remotely but will benefit from guidance and support for managers and employees to navigate the logistical and cultural challenges.”
Hitting your monthly and quarterly sales goals while working remotely requires grit and perseverance. But the skills you strengthen during the COVID-19 crisis could create surprising opportunities for growth in the future.
Return to the office even better than before by adding a few easy things to your daily agenda while working remotely.
On the Agenda:
- Develop New Skills: There has never been a better time to take advantage of all the credible online resources that help you develop new virtual strategies for attracting prospective clients and impressing existing ones. Earn new certifications, watch recent webinars, enroll in sales training classes, check out short YouTube tutorials, join peer groups or even just spend time reading. When you’re not actively selling, do whatever it takes to stay relevant and competitive during uncertain economic times—developing new skills is a good place to start.
- Access the Right Tools: It takes more than good products and a great personality to hit those monthly and quarterly sales goals while you’re stuck working from home. While investing in new devices and software may seem counterintuitive in tough economic times, having access to the best technology is the most efficient way to secure new accounts and close deals while working remotely.
- Keep Networking: If you’ve reached a point in your career where you’ve earned a permanent place in a niche market, think again. Refine your outreach strategies by keeping an eye on the metrics as you establish new contacts and continue building relationships with prospects. Track your numbers and try to follow up with every lead at least once. Be responsive to how people want to communicate and adapt your approaches depending on your target goals.
- Track Your Time: While it is important to devote some time to professional development, it’s best to do that on your own watch. During the workday, keep a log of how much time you’re devoting to getting new customers and selling your products and services. After one week, make adjustments that minimize downtime and create new windows that could be spent trying to turn prospects into clients instead.
- Stay Positive: Staying optimistic is a key part of hitting your monthly and quarterly sales goals, but everyone knows it’s easier to do that when surrounded by an enthusiastic and supportive team of colleagues. If you’re struggling to keep up your morale while working remotely, reach out to your work friends and stay in touch with your professional mentors. Brainstorm new ways to makes sales together—and then encourage one another as you put those plans into action.
Don’t Forget About the Basics
Regardless of whether you’re working remotely or in the office, it’s important to continue generating leads, analyzing metrics and making strategic calculations to execute an effective digital sales campaign. But to succeed in this new economic environment, you’ll need to rely on more than just the usual numbers. Plan each day in a way that allows you to continue scouting prospects, finalizing contracts and participating in corporate events and team meetings—all from the comfort of your home office.
How Marketopia Can Help
If you’re looking for innovative ways to support your remote sales team, you’ve come to the right place. Marketopia has developed sales training webinars, Quick Connect YouTube videos and other professional development resources that will help you build out your sales strategies both now and in the future. From our appointment setters to our sales, content, design, event and digital teams, partnering with us means that you’ll have an entire agency supporting your dreams for growth. Connect with us today to get immediate guidance on how to close deals remotely.
“With nearly half of the world’s population now active on social media, social selling is more relevant than ever....
The world moves faster than it used to. People have less time in their day-to-day lives and even less of an attention...
If you’re a CAM, you’re probably a natural when it comes to nurturing relationships among key players in the channel....