3 Steps to Generating More Leads
Most managed service providers aren’t marketing gurus, so it’s natural to wonder if your IT marketing efforts are working. Finding the answer to whether or not your MSP marketing is effective is as simple as asking yourself one question: Am I bringing in a steady stream of leads? If the answer is “no,” keep reading.
- Start Where You Are
One helpful practice is to ask yourself if you would buy from your business. Stop for a moment, and put yourself in a prospect’s shoes. As an MSP, you are asking someone to hand the keys to their business infrastructure over to you. Why are you the trusted, experienced, expert IT partner business owners should choose? But more importantly, does your marketing effectively communicate that why. Start with this key exercise, and try to be objective.
- Get Back to the Basics
Next, focus your efforts on the marketing tools that when done well, are proven to generate leads. Make the most of every opportunity to engage prospects, build interest and incite action.
- Website. Your website is your virtual front door. Is it professionally branded, designed and written? Are visitors to your website filling out the lead form for more information or a free consultation?
- Social Media. We all know the power of social media today. Are you regularly sharing relevant content? Speak up to position yourself as an industry thought leader, and show prospects they can trust you with their business. Sharing what you do is your ticket to making a name for your tech business.
- Appointment Setting: Do you have dedicated appointment-setting professionals who can act quickly on incoming leads and follow up with a phone call to book a meeting?
- Collateral: Do you have professional sell sheets, email campaigns, paid search ads and landing pages designed to speak to your target audience and address pain points? And once leads do come in the door, does your sales team have professional sales contracts and other materials to close the deal?
- Partner with a Technology Marketing Expert
Feeling overwhelmed? That’s okay. Need a hand with creating a strategy that works best for your MSP? We’re here to help. Marketopia is an MSP marketing company specializing in marketing strategies for the technology channel, and we know how to compel prospects to act. We can help you choose an MSP growth plan that’s right for you. Contact us today to learn more about how we can grow your business by scheduling your free MSP growth consultation.
In today’s competitive landscape, effective marketing is essential for a managed service provider to not only stand out from the competition but also attract new clients and affect your bottom line. But it’s not a one-and-done practice. Effective marketing requires a thoughtful plan and expertly crafted tools to fill your lead funnel, from building brand awareness to closing a deal.